For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payment solutions around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and put our customers central. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting directly to a highly experienced Finance Director, you will review or prepare the regulatory and financial reports towards the supervisory authorities (BaFin, BuBa) in line with the German Payment Services Supervision Act (ZAG). Activities include analysis, ad hoc requests, and the enhancement of documentation and internal controls. This responsibility is central to safeguard our range of licenses in Germany, which are transferable to other European countries.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements: Trial Balance, Cash Flow, notes & disclosures
- Responsible for Statements in Local Requirements (HGB) and translation into US GAAP and the subsequent timely Financial Statement submissions into Oracle at Month End. This provides you a central role between our German Office and Head Office in the US.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day accounting with the team in our Shared Service Centre and partner with local German accountants and colleagues in the US to ensure high quality deliverables are provided to all relevant stakeholders within agreed timelines. Responsibilities include accounts payable, receivables, cash management, Tax (CIT & VAT), Treasury.
- The German entities consist of multiple business models like Acquiring and Factoring, ensuring a challenging environment with plenty of opportunities to gain new experiences
- Responsible for reviewing the trial balance as part of the monthly closing process
- Responsible and central contact for all inquiries and documents for external and internal audits within Finance
- Address potential audit findings to improve compliance and accuracy of accounting, reporting and transaction processing
- Ensure full compliance with the group and local accounting and financial policies and procedures
- Ensure the maintenance of process workflows, procedures and management information for all areas under integration phase. Implement best practices in future integration projects.
- Active support for projects, especially for new reporting requirements and their process and system implementation.
- Identify and execute upon areas for process and reporting development and improvement
Skills and Experience
- Academic degree (with major) in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting
- 7+ years mix of experience at a large multi-national organization and Big 4 is desired, of which 3+ years of accounting and audit experience is a must.
- Experience with regulators at a bank or financial service provider a clear advantage
- Experience with regulatory reporting for credit institutions and/or financial service providers towards BaFin/BuBa, according to KWG/ZAG.
- Experienced with Financial Applications. Oracle E-Biz and Hyperion are an advantage.
- Professional mastery of MS Office applications, specifically Excel
- Experience in process automation and/or tech savviness highly desirable
- Excellent team management skills, regardless of insourced or outsourced finance constructions
- Reliable and high degree of initiative and ownership. Ability to manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to understand complex issues and to exchange them in an understandable way to different stakeholders. Strong socials skills to support organizational change
- Experience with end-to-end process mapping and KPI goal setting an advantage
- Independent, well-organized, quality and goal-oriented, even under time pressure. Analytical, data driven and solution-oriented mindset.
- Fluent in English and German, verbally and written
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.