Global Demand Planner
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What's exciting about the role
The Global Demand Planner in Field Operations is responsible for successfully developing and managing collaborative relationships with the global sales and operations teams to understand forecasted demand and/or actual customer orders for VeriFone products. Working with sales, the planner will implement plans and strategies that enhance the customer relationship. This role will work closely with Sales and Operations, and Field Operations to provide customer level insights to drive production, inventory deployment, and customer service decisions. Uses knowledge of the Verifone supply chain, the products, and customers to convert this forecast and order information into a plan that Enables Field Operations repair objectives and drives for on time delivery of repairs to meet SLA and revenue objectives, and controls inventory levels to meet on-going business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the tactical volume and planning processes by ensuring agreed upon volumes are reflected in Company’s planning system.
- Develops and maintains reports related to the repair forecasting process.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes sales data to identify opportunities and risks to demand projections.
- Uses historical data, statistical models, and forecast information from Sales and Operations as inputs into the volume planning process. Analyzes sales data by channel, region, customer, and time.
- Allocates the inventory for critical items based on future customer orders.
- Checks key account orders against forecast for critical items and provides feedback to sales and operations.
- Communicates shifts in demand that has the potential to impact Verifone’s service level.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Experience we desire
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field with 3+ years of experience required.
- Basic knowledge of planning fundamentals.
- Limited experience or knowledge is based on college or theoretical concepts.
- Demonstrated communication skills to operate effectively in a business environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to solve problems given specific.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.