Technical Support Representative
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
The Verifone Helpdesk Technical Support Representative supports users with troubleshooting Verifone products, software, and services through a unique blend of customer focus and technical expertise. This position is responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting customer requests and issues via phone, chat, and email within a 24 x 7 x 365 high-availability on-site call center environment. In addition, this position also supports internal customers and performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists customers with installation, operational, maintenance and or training related inquiries for products and applications
- Researches and handles complex calls as directed.
- Follows documentation and training materials to diagnose, resolve, and escalate customer issues
- Enters all call activity into the online Technical Support database and provides documented information to the Knowledge Base.
- Serves as a contact on technical and service-related problems with both internal and external
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software, and systems failures using established procedures.
- Operates under moderate supervision.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- May schedule service calls and escalates to other departments for customer support.
- Performs all duties on time and is proactive in improving customer relations and internal processes.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Excellent knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Good telephone and communications skills. Demonstrates self-control and understanding of customer situations.
- Excellent knowledge of customer service practices and procedures
- Practical computer skills including use of MS Windows and MS Office
- Familiarity with internet technologies and networking standards
- General knowledge of office equipment and use
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the payment processing industry
- Accurately type 25 words per minute
- Flexible and able to work with ambiguity while still adhering to standards
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.