Senior FP&A Analyst
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
The Finance team of Verifone Payments is responsible for the execution of Verifone’s (global) payments strategy. It accelerates the growth of our payments business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions while keeping a sharp eye on efficiencies to be realized in the set-up of the licensed entities. The FP&A Manager will function as a key member of the finance team and will be responsible for providing decision support for all layers of the organization by management reporting, metrics reporting and ad hoc analysis. You will be heavily involved in the set-up and maintenance of financial models to track budget and to support strategic execution and business planning. This role reports to the CFO of Verifone Payments BV in the Netherlands.
It’s important that you are a self-starter and highly analytical to succeed in this role. You do not shy away from dynamic environments and huge ambitions. The preference is for individuals who have 6+ years of FP&A experience (in a tech/payments company would be a pre).
What's exciting about the role
- Be pivotal in the Budget process of the Financial Services business
- Assist in the planning and forecasting activities with (HQ) business partners (incl. highlighting major assumptions and their effects on the plan and forecast) and perform sensitivity analysis. In addition, assist on OPEX planning and tracking of spend on a department level against the plan
- Active role in various Month End closing activities
- Report and provide in-depth analysis to key leaders including monthly Actuals vs. Forecast / Budget, Risks & Opportunities and commentary
- Support business and operations on projects and initiatives by providing in depth financial insights as a trusted finance business partner
- Own and review the payments entity’s financial model
- Work together with the commercial organization towards a fully-fledged payments P&L
- Be part of an organization that is under constant development: flexibility and adaptability in terms of execution and scope is expected.
Skills and Experience we desire
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years of FP&A experience at a technology or payments company
- Advanced financial modeling and MS Excel/Powerpoint skills
- Strong problem-solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate clearly
- High attention to detail, accuracy and strong analytical skills
- Proactive, self-motivated attitude that can work autonomously and take initiative to learn
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.