Sr Network Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
This role is required to support the multiple critical transformation projects and BAU which are potentially puts schedule and delivery risks from the reduced manpower capability,
What you'll do
Primarily responsible for designing and managing the company’s network infrastructure. Responsibilities include but not limited to monitoring LAN, WAN and WLAN connections, firewall/ security, WAN acceleration, monitoring bandwidth usage and analyzing voice and data traffic patterns, assuring network uptime meets corporate needs, project management and developing and integrating network management applications. Duties include installing hardware/software and providing on call support for production systems.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- Cisco CCIE or Juniper JNCIE certifications required.
- Minimum eight years of network experience in configuring, managing and troubleshooting of Cisco and Juniper devices.
- In depth TCP/IP knowledge
- Excellent BGP / OSPF protocols understanding, configuration and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent understanding of STP and L2 related security features
- Excellent understanding of IPSec VPNs
- Strong understanding of WAN technologies, including, but not limited to MPLS
- Strong understanding of Cloud technologies and cloud networking concepts (AWS)
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst and Juniper EX series of switches
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and Juniper SRX service gateways
- Experience with Cisco / Juniper / Trapeze Wireless Network solution
- Experience with Riverbed WAN accelerators
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.